Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nous avons arrivé!!

We have arrived!! France is beeaauutiful!

After a long four-hour wait in Logan, we were finally on the plane to Paris, Charles-de-Gaulle. There were 18 of us traveling from Logan, and 3 more who were meeting us in Paris. Everyone is super friendly and awesome! The plane ride wasn't too bad - just 6 hours. I had planned to continue working on my planner book (I still have to draw in the lines for each day!), but unfortunately, as I was working, my pen exploded on me. Not good. The two people next to me were both sleeping though, so I just wiped off my hands with paper and hand sanitizer. Yikes!

We arrive in Paris around 8am, and it is beautiful, clear, and sunny. Professor Masson meets us, and we  head off on a bus towards our hotel, La Citadine. The drive was beautiful, and we passed by many big sites - Le Centre Pompidou, Notre Dame, La Seine, La Bastille...and then we arrive. Right by the river, La Citadine is a very big, modern, apartment/hotel. We are living in doubles, and the room has two single beds, a bathroom, and a mini kitchen. It's super cute!

After some downtime to relax and take showers, the rest of the day was spent in a marathon of a meeting with Masson, before we all split up in groups to eat dinner and walk around. Paris is beautiful! It is bustling with people, music is playing in the streets, people are all eating outside restaurants and cafes, and boats are cruising down the Seine. We are all very jetlagged and exhausted, so we didn't do too much walking around after dinner. But it's okay, because it's only the first night of many. So for now, goodnight Paris!




No comments:

Post a Comment